Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Just a Test

Everything happens, in the blink of an eye, many spend their hours wondering why, but I know the truth, and soon you will too, let me tell you now what I've learned to be true

I've had my world, smashed around, I've had my trust thrown down, to the curb, but every time I stood up, I knew, I made it through, and you will too

People will always bring you down, someone will always hate you and berate you, but know this now, it's all just a test, some pass, some fail, and some cheat, in the end you'll see, everyone gets their earned grade from the choices they have made

Tears will hit the ground, hope will dwindle down, but only when you make a smile a frown, will everything come around

Don’t let it bring you on the floor, times are tough but there's so much more, I know where to always find an open door

Every year is another question on the test, sometimes you'll answer the same problem from years ago, but to pass, you have to learn to grow, only then will you find everything you ever should know

When we look back, at decisions we made, memory helps us think, how to avoid the same mistakes, of yesterday

When your heart is crumbled on the ground, when only pain seems to surround, when you lose someone you love, when nothing seems to go right, remember you can always go left, it's just a test of might

With every incorrect is a correction, every mistake has a solution learned, here we stand right now, take a bow or go another round, the story doesn't have to end unhappily ever after, can't you save a character to once again bring laughter

Life is a test of courage and faith, within yourself, a test of heart and grace

When the view becomes tragic, turn around, and like magic, the scene is new, now exists a different perspective, we are tested to help us grow, to improve life, the pile hits the fan, to show each of us that we can, stay calm, move on, it's just a test of will to see who's strong
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. What you have written is true & is what determines how we live & approach life. It is what determines who the strongest & most heroic people are. The ones who become a shining example for others to emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true! I liked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of thing I've been trying to write for some time now. This is like close to the bone kind of thoughts that I love a lot!!

    ReplyDelete