Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Secret to Finding Financial Success and Freedom....and it isn't saving 10% of your paycheck

Financial freedom and increased monetary success. Everyone wants it. Most people envy it. How do you obtain it?

You've heard all of the "tips and tricks" to save more money, make more money, and stretch that money further; but millions don't know the first thing about HOW to do all of that or get started. It's the biggest challenge. We are so programed as society to hate the rich, think they should pay for everything, be immune to their troubles when they have them, and laugh when they fall or suffer. That is so wrong on far too many levels. The root of all that negativity and distaste though isn't necessarily bad people, but people indebted to creditors, crappy wages, unending frustrations, and living life in the Rat Race instead of running their own marathon.

So again, how?

Well actually step one is quite simple. EDUCATION. But STOP!!!

Before you get mad at me and listing the hundred and seven reasons why you can't (or more correctly, won't), hear me out and understand I am NOT talking any type of conventional education or university system in any way shape or form. I'm talking about the University of You. The you who really wants to have more money where you need it and you are not currently in a position to move, change jobs, or get a traditional college education. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about good, old fashioned READING and not Google either. Books. Great books!

When I started on my journey to get out of the hell hole of a crappy hourly job I despised, and stop working for people who didn't value me, along with customers who didn't either, I was looking at going back to college as not only expense and time crunch, but a juggling act I tried desperately tired to pencil in but it wasn't working. I wasn't ready yet. So in the meantime, I figured well, "I'd really like to learn how to utilize the very little funds I have and get rid of the negative bank balances we constantly get back down to." I wanted to learn how I could be out of this situation within just a couple of years. I went back to what I did in high school. I studied what I wanted to learn later, now, and even classes I would be taking later. I graduated high school early by taking college courses at night. When I started community college, I kept getting stuck on wait lists for a couple of courses because they were so full but I needed them as prerequisites to advance past freshman year as well as qualify for the courses my degree required for graduation. So while I took mundane workout classes and art classes to keep my units up and fulfill the lower grade requirements for full time and list priority, I went to the library and studied the text of the courses I was on the list for. That way I at least was helping my education further along and not being so bored from the dumb classes I was forced to fill my schedule with. I figured it'd help me get a better grade too when I was finally in the classes I needed. That's when I realized as a kid I did the same thing. I was studying marine science all my life wrapped in books about it and now I was wrapping my head in courses early before I even took them. Fast forward to my junior and now working full time also, I was BROKE and took that same idea to life to get ahead on my money issues.

I figured marine science was fun and all and volunteering in so many places was great, but it wouldn't get me through life nor did it pay much. Everyone has to learn finance, some aspects of business, and of course NOT going to zero in the bank. So here's what I did:

I started going to the university and public libraries to read books on budgeting and personal finance, and business. I wanted to go into business myself one day but also learn how to make more than one stream of income so being broke was never a worry ever again. I had no idea where to start so I started small and thought about all the little things I do each day. Where do I have five dollars and five minutes I could spare, and where do I waste them?

Back then we had MySpace and of course Starbucks. Even things I didn't NEED at Target and the grocery store made their way into my cart when I should have looked at the price more carefully instead, of "It's cheap, so it's fine." I was soon learning every damn dollar and minute matter. I was thinking about the little things because I did know that they add up to big things. I found two books that helped me discover that and get better with the little things to add up to more. One I recommend for EVERYONE is the "Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy because it touches on every aspect of how we can do more on less and improve our lives every single day without any huge changes in job, location, lifestyle, etc. He gives knowledge on how to take our daily behaviors and tiny paychecks into something more that isn't investments or schemes, or promises of "make money from home". REAL things we need to do to start out.



THEN, I read The Richest Man in Babylon. It is extremely old but highly relevant today. If you're the broke man trying to be the financially stable man or woman, this book tells you how in a short read with results you'll see soon. It's the perfect book for people who cannot afford to invest a dime or tuck away chunks of their small income flow.

From there, I read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill. Another classic for a reason. It's dirt cheap on Amazon, even less than a dollar for ebook, and very helpful.

The solution to getting out of your circumstance is rethinking life as we know it and trying education for the real world and real people in all too familiar circumstances we've all been in. How do you get out of debt and live off bad wages to make them better wages? Mindset. We need to forget a few rules we've been told for too long and stop doing what everyone else is doing. Most people are broke because the basics they think know, are WRONG. Way wrong. Don't take advice or follow others in the same situation or worse, listen to the rest of us who saved ourselves and didn't need the government to "raise wages" or Wall Street to try out the stock market to get "rich" or earn bigger cash flow. Those don't work. Read these books and you'll learn what does. And follow this blog every week.

For more tools to have more money, visit our Instagram at www.instagram.com/businessbooksandwine

No comments:

Post a Comment